Sunday, December 13, 2015

Will Snow Ever Come?

Yesterday, reached a high of 57 degrees, not a record, but definitely unseasonable.  Here is a picture of our backyard yesterday, before I finally decided it was time to put away the outdoor furniture. The fact remains is that there are only nine hours of daylight and it is well past dark when I get home after work to sit outside.

Although everyone comments on how odd it is, most people aren't complaining, People are outside, working in their yards, jogging on the streets and bike-riding with nothing more than a sweatshirt. After finishing some in-door chores, Guster and I took a walk in the woods. Sometimes he led the way...

And sometimes he waited for me.


By three O'clock, the sun was sinking in the horizon, a reminder that it is December and not March.  I picked up the pace to get home before dark.
 

I suspect that in another month, these warm days will be only a faded memory, but for now the windows are open and we are enjoying the fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment